Advantage | ForbesBooks has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk with expertise and experience in completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. Advantage works with top tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace.
The Responsibilities of This Position Are:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports to ensure they are in line with internal company policies.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by tracking and filing documents.
Competencies (These are MUSTs):
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- 1 to 3 years of accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Ability to utilize Quickbooks and Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Must be EXTREMELY detail oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be resourceful and able to overcome obstacles on his/her own.
- Flexibility to change and adapt to new processes, with a problem-solving mindset.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
Advantage | ForbesBooks is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental program, 401(k) with company contribution and other nice perks. Advantage has a solid reputation for being a great place to work and we highly value the commitment and contribution of those on our team.
Positions are in our Charleston, SC office. Team Members are eligible for benefits package after a 90-day evaluation period.